Thursday 16 October 2014

Today in Nature: Deer in Toronto

A white tailed deer in Toronto, near the Humber River, north of the Queensway
A White-Tailed Deer near the Humber River in Toronto

Deer can still be found in Toronto, and today I got more proof. I had been walking around a march near the Humber River, north of the Queensway, when I walked up to a meadow on my way back to my bike. But as I looked up, there was a pair of eyes looking at me. I tried to stay as still as I could while still taking pictures. I thought it had been a great day already, having seen a Great Egret in a tree, and a raccoon trying to have a nap. But the deer was definitely the prize of the day. It is awesome that these lovely creatures can still find places to live in a crowded city.


A drowsy raccoon

A Great Egret perching in a tree high above a pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment